Software Engineer (Database)
We're on a mission to simplify analytics infrastructure. We're building a cloud-based query engine to hook into any number of data sources to make running analytics on a variety of data sources fast and easy.
We're looking for a software engineer to build out the core database engine. As an engineer working on this component, you will take responsibility for large parts of the product, and will work closely with other members of the team on the design and implementation.
- Contribute to significant portions of the core database product.
- Build out integrations with external data sources.
- Provide significant architectural input for the database product, including how features will manifest to the end user.
- Debug correctness and performance issues.
- Contribute to public documentation.
- 3+ years of experience with C, C++, and/or Rust (preferred).
- Deep interest and understanding of various database architectures.
- Exceptional at writing design and architecture docs for complex systems.
- Excellent fundamentals in Computer Science.
- Ability execute independently, and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience working with Arrow and DataFusion.
- Experience working with a wide range of databases and data formats. This role will require interfacing with many external systems.
- Publicly available code written in C, C++, or Rust.
- Salary: $100k - $200k
- Equity: 0.2% - 0.8%
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited PTO: Take the time to relax and recharge whenever you need to. Results are what matter, not how many hours spent in front of a computer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance: GlareDB covers 100% of benefits.
- Learning Stipend: Learning never stops. Use an accruing monthly stipend on books and classes to help further your career.
- Workstation Budget: Get set up with a workstation that works best for you.
- Fully Remote: Work from anywhere in the world!
How to Apply
Is this role a great fit for you? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Please include links to projects you think demonstrate proficiency with Rust or working with databases.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.