Systems Engineer (Rust)
GlareDB is looking for a systems engineer to help build out the core database product (written in Rust). As an early member of the team, you will play a key role in designing and implementing significant portions of an analytics focused database.
- Contribute to significant portions of the core database product.
- Build out integrations with external data sources.
- Provide significant architectural input for the database product, including how features will manifest to the end user.
- Debug correctness and performance issues.
- Contribute to public documentation.
- 3+ years of experience with C, C++, and/or Rust (preferred).
- Deep interest and knowledge in database internals (query planning and optimization, distributed transaction handling, physical storage, etc.)
- Exceptional at writing design and architecture docs for complex systems.
- Excellent fundamentals in Computer Science.
- Previous experience developing research or commercial databases.
- Publicly available code written in C, C++, or Rust.
- Experience with working in the Arrow ecosystem.
- Salary: $100k - $200k
- Equity: 0.5% - 1.0%
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited PTO: Take the time to relax and recharge whenever you need to. Results are what matter, not how many hours spent in front of a computer.
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance: GlareDB covers 100% of benefits.
- Learning Stipend: Learning never stops. Use an accruing monthly stipend on books and classes to help further your career.
- Workstation Budget: Get set up with a workstation that works best for you.
- Fully Remote: Work from anywhere in the world!
How to Apply
Is this role a great fit for you? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include links to projects you think demonstrate proficiency with Rust or working with databases.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.